The stone coating is easy to maintain using mild soapy water; non-abrasive neutral pH7 dishwashing detergent is most suitable. Rub gently with a non-abrasive microfibre cloth. Rinse the surface thoroughly after washing with warm water and dry with a clean soft cloth.
Whilst AntiEtch™ coating is a durable product, it is not indestructible and we recommend the following precautions to keep your bench top pristine.
Always use a cutting board when using sharp objects on or near the surface to avoid scratching or cutting the surface. Do not cut directly on the treated surface.
Always use coasters, trivets or mats under plates, silverware and other household items that can scratch the surface.
Do not slide objects across the surface to avoid scratching from occurring.
Avoid hitting it with anything blunt or heavy as this can cause chips and cracks. Avoid sitting, standing or placing heavy items on unsupported areas.
PREVENTING HEAT DAMAGE
Always use trivets under hot pots or pans. Do not place hot items from the stove or oven directly on the treated surface.
The surface can be re-polished at any time.
If in extraordinary circumstances the surface has become scuffed, scratched, or has cut marks, contact Artisan Stone, who are a certified applicator, to assess and repair.
Artisan Stone provides you peace of mind with a robust manufacturer’s warranty based on the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act.
Workmanship is warranted for two years from the date of installation to the original purchaser.
This warranty does not include damage incurred after installation including;
1. Damage resulting from physical or thermal (temperature related) shock including house settlement or movement, excessive weight or heat being placed on stone surface.
2. Chipping as the result of an impact.
3. Any defect in, or damage to, surfaces which results from not being cleaned or cared for in accordance to Care & Maintenance guide.
4. Surfaces that have been moved from original place of installation.
5. Surfaces which have been modified after original install.
Artisan Stone provides a ‘Care Kit’ upon completion of every install.
Also refer to the manufacturer’s website www.moresurfacecare.com for 10 year product warranty.